We’re here to help so please call us anytime with your initial questions and concerns.
Then we would like to invite you to our Orientation which is a 3 hour thorough overview of Independent Adoption. We think it’s important to connect and get to know each other in a small group session. Orientation is held once a month here at our office. To join us please complete the Adoptive Parents Information Form so that we may call you and answer any preliminary questions you may have as well to share with you the next available dates. This 3 hour session is $100 per couple.
- What is open adoption? And WHY open adoption?
- Can the birthmother come back later and reclaim the child?
- How long does it take to adopt?
- What are the costs?
- A step-by-step overview of the adoption process
- Discussion of all types of domestic adoptions
- Differences between agency and independent adoption
- Complete outline of services available through the Adoption Center of San Diego
- Addressing your concerns and answering your questions